24 September 2012

Who's Drafting Patterns These Days?

*sigh* So...Simplicity recently released their Winter/Holiday 2012 patterns. They should have just not bothered.

McCall's also released their Winter/Holiday collection. There are a couple of blouse patterns that I found cute.
6659 has 4 different versions. I like 3 of them.


I also like both versions of  6653



Both patterns are labeled as "Easy". I guess time will tell. I won't rush right out and buy either of these patterns but rather add them to my "list" and wait for the next good sale.

I like 6646 for the sweetheart neckline. Plus the bodice is boned (which is something I've been wanting to learn how to do). I would probably only use the bodice from this pattern. Although I'll still be on the lookout for a different pattern. This one is the best sweetheart shape I've seen so far. It doesn't seem to be very fitted but I know that some of these models don't eat - a problem I certainly do NOT have.


That's about it. The rest of the patterns were not very exciting at all.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the midnight blue bodice, very glam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to experiment with draping and I was looking for a specific shape for the neckline. I have a couple of formals coming up. I want to make my dress for at least one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS