10 March 2011

For The DIY Bride - Damask

I really spread my DIY wings while planning my wedding because....well because I'm cheap. I want what I want but I like to part with as little of my money as possible. Here's some of the DIY projects I did. I'll continue to post more as I find the time.

Table Runners
I used a damask fabric called "Madison" purchased from fabric.com. There is an exact fabric with a larger pattern repeat called "Traditions". fabric.com doesn't carry Traditions but it's easily found on other online fabric retailers by googling.

I've seen these runners sold on etsy for no less than $15 each. At $15 each for 25 tables, it would have cost nearly $400. I spent roughly $125 on fabric,  purchased a sewing machine (which paid for itself very quickly) and made them myself.



Card Box
This was easily one of my favorite projects. I had intended to keep it as a keepsake box but a bride from Wedding Wire asked me to sell it. Hard to say no to a fellow damask bride.


Guest Book & Pen

Luminary Set
These were SUPER easy. It's almost sinful how easy/cheap they were. I printed the design on vellum paper and attached them to the vases using double-sided adhesive.


Leave comments if you have questions on how any of these items were made.

1 comment:

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS