09 August 2012

What's On Deck: New Look 6123

So I realize that I've totally been neglecting my blog. I don't have a lot of readers but the fact that I don't post much probably has a LITTLE bit to do with it. So I'm trying to commit to posting even if I don't have a completed project.

I am currently working on New Look 6123 View D. I've done some improvising because the pattern doesn't call for the dress to be lined. And I just think a lining is better than facings. So far I've put a few miles on my thinking cap because of the unique design of the sleeves. But I think I have it all worked out. I'm pretty proud of myself.

The instructions called for facings around the neckline and arm holes. I cut a lining for the bodice and sewed the bodice & lining together at the neckline then turned it right side out and basted the arm holes together to threat it as one piece. Then after I attached the flange on the arm, I clipped the seam allowance that wasn't attached to the flange, removed my basting stitches, then turned the seam allowances to the inside and stiched them together.

I'm using a linen blend from Joann. I can't find it on their website. For the lining I'm using a cotton I had left over from my previous project.

Here is a pic of my progress so far. I hadn't yet started sewing on the arm flanges when I took these pics. And the zipper isn't in so I'm just holding to together in back. So far I think it looks pretty good. Can't wait to get to the end. I just need to sew on the 2nd flange, insert the zipper and hem it.

Side view:

I added 3 inches to the skirt and it still isn't going to be quite the length I wanted. On my next version, I'll add a couple more inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS