I didn't have any more of the green vinyl on hand and would have to order online. But I happened to see some pink vinyl in Joann so we went with that.
The outcome was pretty great. I had not done embroidery on vinyl before plus this was a new font for me so I did a test on a scrap piece of vinyl left over from a previous project. It stitched out okay. I did make a minor adjustment to the monogram and moved the letters closer together. I also put a piece of lightweight fusible interfacing on the area where the embroidery would go.
I made the clutch approximately the same size as the green one above. It is 12x15 and it folds about 3 inches from the top. I made the monogram 2.5 inches tall and centered it in the space (being careful to allow for a 1/2 inch seam allowance at the top. I placed a piece of transparent tape on the vinyl and marked the center of my embroidery spot with a marker. Once I had it all lined up in the machine I removed the tape before stitching.
Here is the monogram stiched out
The lining pulled out. I used two fat quarters for the lining that I purchased from Joann. I applied a light-weight fusible interfacing to the lining. I did not interface the vinyl.
And here is the clutch folded over with the monogram on the fold.
I placed a heavy book on top of it to train the fold. At the last minute I decided to add a magnetic snap underneath the fold so it would remain folded once you put stuff in it. I neglected to take a pic to show the snap.
I liked it so much I'm planning one for myself.