Lately I've been obsessed with natural hair and body products. I've been experimenting and trying out some recipes I've found online. Here is my haul from this weekend.
DIY Natural Deodorant
DIY Natural Lotion
DIY Natural Lotion Bars
1. Measure 1 cup of shea butter, 1 cup of cocoa butter, 1 cup of sweet almond oil and 2 cups of beeswax pellets into the top portion of a double boiler. Never attempt to heat beeswax directly over a flame or in the microwave as it is potentially combustible.
2. Heat the butters, beeswax and oil slowly, stirring occasionally. Once the wax has fully melted, remove from heat and allow the ingredients to cool for 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup of jojoba oil and 1/2 cup of virgin coconut oil. Add 1/4 tsp. of rose absolute and 1/4 tsp. of cocoa absolute. You can swap the absolute fragrances to other essential oils to create your own unique scent. Consider scents that blend well with coconut, such as strawberry, coffee, vanilla or even lavender and jasmine.
4. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed and then pour the warm ingredients into molds. You can use a baking pan and then score and cut the bars into squares, use soap molds or even pour the butter directly into recycled deodorant sticks.
5. Let your body butter bars cool completely before wrapping, sealing or using. For best results and consistency after they bars have hardened, place them in the freezer to cool and harden. To use your body butter, place the bar between warm hands to transfer the oils and then massage the oils into dry skin.