I'm a little late posting my completed garment for February. I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago - not in time to wear it when I intended but completed nonetheless. This skirt went together fairly easy. I added about 4 inches to both the bottom and the top section. Both fabrics were pieces I had in my stash. The fuchsia was a small remnant so I just made that section long enough to use up the piece that I had. I added the rest of the length to the top portion to acquire the length I wanted. Not sure if you can tell from the pics but I went all out with the color blocking and made the waistband white.
A couple of bloopers. I managed to put the waistband on backwards so I have to wear the skirt with the zipper on the right side instead of the left so that the overlap goes in the right direction. I also got some stains on it with my wax chalk. It's not highly visible as it was a yellow chalk. I'm going to treat the stains and launder it and hope it comes out. I've never had that happen before. The markings usually come right off with a warm iron.
The top is McCall's 6839. I entered a sew-along on a Facebook group. So I decided to make it red to coordinate with my Valentine's Day skirt (which I did not get a chance to wear on Valentine's Day LOL)
Back view. Forgot to do that sway back adjustment. I'll remember next time.
Stay tuned for my March MAGAM plans. I have a couple of things in mind. Happy sewing!