01 November 2013

Make a Garment a Month Challenge | November Garment

For my November garment I'm choosing Vogue 2237. It is a strapless floor-length gown with a long sleeved bolero.

 
This dress will be for a formal we're going to in mid-December. I'm starting early because I've never made anything like this. The dress includes a foundation complete with boning. Plus we're going out of town the week of Thanksgiving. When we get back I'll have a week until the event. My hope is to get it pretty much finished prior to leaving. And I can take it with me to do any hand sewing that needs to be done. I need to put my machine in the shop for overdue maintenance while we're away so taking the sewing machine with me is not an option.
 
I'm pretty much ignoring Vogue's fabric recommendations. I purchased crepe back satin from Joann in "Platinum" for the dress & bolero.
 
I purchased crepe in a coordinating color for the lining. I've taken to lining my dresses in crepe because I like the weight of it. I like how it makes the dress hang and those typical lining fabrics tend to make me sweat.
 
Ok that's it for now. Happy sewing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS